> Go back to Travel Insurance Pack
Customers who purchased Travel Insurance Pack can receive the following services:
- Cashless medical treatment in Japan
- Compensation of medical treatment in Japan
- Medical interpreter in English, Chinese, or Korean for 24 hours/365 days
- No cancellation fee
- Free re-issue of the voucher
1. Cashless medical treatment in Japan
- You can receive a physician's medical treatment on a cashless basis at allied medical institutions in case of an illness or injury developed during the liability period
- You can contact us or Accident Support Center (available 24 hours 365 days) for arranging a reservation at a nearby affiliated medical institution
Terms and conditions:
- The Accident Support Center may not be able to arrange an affiliated medical institution where you can receive medical treatment on a cashless basis in some areas. In such a case, you should pay the treatment cost or the like on an out-of-pocket basis once, ant the claim insurance benefits with the Accident Support Center.
- In case of an emergency visit, such as during weekends, holidays, and nights, you may not be able to receive medical treatment on a cashless basis for reasons concerning accounting data processing at the medical institution, and the Accident Support Center may provide information on medical institutions only.
- At some medical institutions in Japan, you receive a prescription after receiving a medical consultation, and have to purchase the prescribed medicine at a pharmacy outside the hospital. In doing so, you may have to make an out-of-pocket payment. In such a case, you should pay the prescription charge to the pharmacy, and then claim insurance benefits with the Accident Support Center.
- Please see Note in No.2 below for cases which costs are not covered
2. Compensation of medical treatment in Japan
- You can receive compensation for the cost of a physician's medical treatment that you received in Japan due to an illness or injury developed during the liability period.
- Compensation is for the actual medical treatment cost or the like with an insurance amount of up to 10 million yen.
Terms and conditions:
- Major cases covered
- Due to a sudden and incidental external means of accident during the liability period, a physician's medical treatment started during the liability period
- Due to an illness developed during the liability period, a physician's medical treatment started during the liability period
- Due to sudden deterioration, during the liability period, of a symptom of an illness that the person developed and for which he/she has received a physician's medical treatment before the inception of the liability period
- Major cost covered
- Consultation fees, treatment fees and surgical expenses paid to a physician
- Prescription charges, treatment material costs and medical equipment usage charges based on a physician's treatment or prescription
- Cost of repairing a prosthetic hand or leg
- Hospital charges in case of admission to a hospital or the like
- Transportation cost for hospitalization or outpatient treatment
- Cost of hiring an interpreter necessary for medical treatment
- Cost of a medical certificate by a physician which is necessary for insurance claims of this service
- Costs that the insured person who has received treatment in Japan actually pays to a hospital or the like are covered
- Costs that do not have to be directly paid due to other insurance contract benefits or the like are not covered
- Costs of the Anma which means Japanese type of massage, western style massage, finger-peressur therapy, acupuncture, moxibustion, judo therapy, or chiropractic or osteopathy are not covered
- Costs related to fitting or adjustment of eyeglasses, contact lens or hearing aid, or costs related to a surgery intended to correct near-sightedness, far-sightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia or related to other treatment intended to restore vision are not covered
- Costs related to hair transplantation, cosmetic plastic surgery, or other treatment not intended to improve health conditions are not covered
- Costs related to fertility treatment or other fertility promotion/control are not covered
- Major cases where insurance benefits cannot be paid
- Intentional or serious fault
- Suicidal, criminal or combative act
- War, other disturbance, nuclear fuel material, etc..
- Natural disaster including earthquake, tsunami and volcanic eruption
- Pregnancy, childbirth, premature birth or miscarriage
- Dental disease
- Cervical syndrome (so-called whiplash), low back pain, etc.. without medical objective findings
- Unqualified driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or driving in a state where the person may be unable to perform normal driving due to narcotic drug, thinner or the like
- Accident during a competition, race or performance, including those equivalent to these and practices, using an automobile, motorized bicycle or the like
- Accident during a dangerous exercise such as mountain climbing, rock climbing, including free climbing, and sky diving
- Case where the purpose of travel is to receive treatment of the person's injury or illness or alleviate the symptoms
- Case where it had been decided before the inception of the liability period that the person's injury or illness or alleviate the symptoms
- Case where it had been decided before the inception of the liability period that the person would receive medical treatment at hospital or clinic in Japan
3. Medical interpreter
- You can get the support of a medical interpreter in English, Chinese, and Korean for 24 hours/365days
4. No cancellation fee
- You can cancel your ordered passes without any cancelation fee at any time. (Travel Insurance Pack can not be canceled. Only passes can be canceled.)
- Without Travel Insurance Pack, 85% will be refunded for cancelation made 29 days or less than 29 days prior to arrival in Japan.
- Shipping fee is not refundable after shipping your order.
- Refunded amount
- Cancellation before shipping
Refunded amount = Total payment - Travel Insurance Pack fee
- Cancellation after shipping
Refunded amount = Total payment - Shipping fee - Travel Insurance Pack fee
5. Free re-issue of the voucher
- You can modify names of the issued vouchers without any fee.
- After shipment of your vouchers, we can re-issue modified vouchers if you return the original vouchers to our local agent office in Japan.
- Without Travel Insurance Pack, it costs ¥980/voucher to re-issue a new one.
- When we re-issue a new voucher, the original voucher will be void. The original voucher will not be exchanged with a pass